What are cookies?
A cookie is a file that is downloaded to your computer, smartphone or device when you access a website. Cookies allow the website to store and retrieve information regarding the browsing habits of the user or their device. Depending on the information the cookies contain and the way the device is being used, they may be used to recognise the user.
Types of cookies depending on the entity managing them:
Our own: These are sent to your device from a computer or domain that is managed by the website owner and from which the service requested by the user is provided.
Third party: These are sent to your device when you are browsing on our website, but from a device or domain that is managed by a third party. If the third party attempts to process the data obtained for their own purposes, we shall notify you of this.
Types of cookies according to the length of time they remain on the device:
• Session: Active when the website is accessed, they disappear at the end of the session (e.g., list of products purchased).
• Persistent cookies: Data is stored on the terminal and can be accessed and processed for a period that is defined in the cookie, which may even be years. If we can, we will lower this duration to the minimum, depending on their purpose.
Types of cookies according to their purpose:
• Functional and Technical: If they only provide the service requested, they do not need to comply with the Act governing Information Society Services. These are strictly necessary for managing and operating the website and for services expressly requested by the user. If these cookies are deactivated, you will not receive our content or services properly.
Traffic control and data communication, identifying the session, accessing restricted parts, remembering the purchase basket order, making purchases, managing payments, preventing fraud, facilitating registrations or event participations, counting visits to invoice the software according to the number of uses, using security elements when browsing, saving video or sound data, enabling dynamic content (e.g. text or image loading animation), sharing content through social media, or managing advertising spaces on the basis of criteria such as edited content, without compiling user information for other purposes (e.g. customising content).
• Preferences or personalisation: If you choose characteristics (e.g., if you click on the website language flag) they do not need to comply with the Act governing Information Society Services, as they are considered to be a service that was expressly requested. They make it possible to remember user preferences, such as language, the number of results to show when you perform a search, the aspect or content of the service according to the browser or region from which you are accessing the website, etc.
• User input: Excluded from application of the Act governing Information Society Services. These track the user when filling in online forms on several websites, or monitor the shopping basket to track the items that you have selected by clicking on them.
• User authentication or identification (by session). Excluded from application of the Act governing Information Society Services.
• Security: Excluded from application of the Act governing Information Society Services. These detect mistaken or repeated attempts to connect to the website.
• The multimedia player, load balancing; or user interface personalisation. Excluded from application of the Act governing Information Society Services.
• Additional (plugin) or social cookies. Excluded from the Act governing Information Society Services only for the user with the open session. These control interaction with social media on the website. They are used on “YouTube”, “Facebook”, “Google”, “Twitter” and others.
• Analysis or calculation cookies: We need to obtain informed consent even though it is unlikely that they present a risk to your privacy if they are for analysis, and they process data added for statistical purposes.
Processed by us or by third parties, these allow us to quantify the user number, to calculate and analyse the behaviour shown on the website, or to count the screen impressions or clicks on adverts to measure performance and improve the selection of products or services that we offer.
• Advertising cookies: Processed by us or by third parties, these allow us to manage the range of advertising spaces on the website, adapting the content of the advert to the content of the service requested, to the use of our website or to the information that we have on your internet browsing habits.
Other forms of storage that are similar to cookies
• LocalStorage and SessionStorage in HTML5: Space that the website can use on the user’s device. This can usually be deleted by deleting the browsing history.
• Local Shared Objects in Flash: These save more information than a cookie, and differ according to the browser used and are more difficult to locate, view or delete. They can even regenerate standard cookies. One example is the Silverlight isolated storage. You need to access the user’s Microsoft folder to delete it. (E.g., Vimeo video).
• Web beacons or bugs: These are tiny images that are camouflaged on the website and visually imperceptible. They are downloaded when you visit the website but they are stored on a second site where the visit is recorded using the information that the browser provides when downloading the image: IP address, operating system, browser, number of times and hours of the day when the image is downloaded.
Cookies that this website uses:
|_ga||Analytics. Used to identify users.||Session end|
|_gid||Analytics. Distinguish between users||1 year|
|personalization_id||Analytics. To establish capacity for exchange for social media.||2 years|
|_gcl_au||Analytics. To experiment with the effectiveness of advertising on websites using their services.||3 months|
|PHPSESSID||Functional. Used by the PHP encryption language to save session variables||Our own||Session|
|_fbp||Advertising. To provide a series of advertising products as bids in real time||3 months|
|PrestaShop||Analytics. Saves recently viewed products, basket of selected products||PrestaShop||20 days|
|_hjTLDTest||Functional. To determine the route of the most generic cookie to use.||Hotjar||Sessionn|
|_hjAbsoluteSessionInProgress||Analytics. To count the times that a website has been visited by different visitors.||Our own||1 day|
|_hjFirstSeen||Analytics. To count the times that a website has been visited by different visitors.||Our own||1 day|
|_hjIncludedInPageviewSample||Analytics. Determines whether the user’s browsing should be recorded in a particular statistical place||Our own||1 day|
|_hjIncludedInSessionSample||Analytics. To find out whether that visitor is included in the data sampling||Our own||Session|
|_ga_H3WJ8FED08||Permanent.||Our own||2 years|
|_hjSessionUser_2124423||Funcional.||Our own||1 year|
|owa_s||Analitycs.||Our own||1 year|
|owa_v||Analitycs.||Our own||1 year|
|muc_ads||Analitycs.||Our own||2 years|
What happens if Cookies are disabled?
Some service functionalities or areas of the website may not work properly. When cookies are not accepted, this instals a rejection cookie on your device which informs us that you do not want cookies on future visits.
How can I change my Cookie settings?
• Microsoft Edge : Settings > Advanced settings > Privacy and services > Cookies.
For more information, check Microsoft support or click Help on your browser.
• Mozilla Firefox: Tools > Options > Privacy > History > Personalised Settings.
For more information, check Mozilla support or click Help on your browser.
• Google Chrome: Settings > Show advanced options > Privacy > Content settings.
For more information, check Google support or click Help on your browser.
• Safari (Apple): Preferences > Security.
For more information, check Apple support or click Help on your browser.
• Opera (Opera Software): Settings > Options > Advanced > Cookies
For more information, check Opera support or click Help on your browser.
If you use any other browser than those above, check the policy on installing, using and blocking cookies.
Options for disabling cookies and opt-out.
Using the tool www.youronlinechoices.com, you can find useful information, supplier by supplier, and change the settings for your cookie preferences.
There are third party tools that enable users to detect cookies for every website they visit and manage their deactivation. For example, Ghostery: http://www.ghostery.com/privacy-statement
There is an add-on for deactivating Google Analytics cookies: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=es
There is an option to disable advertising cookies from all companies registered with the NAI (Network advertising initiative): https://optout.networkadvertising.org/?c=1