This is one of the most important choices: the right crib mattress for our baby. We must take into account that the mattress should favor his/her development without pressure but also without sinking. Next, consider also these criteria when the time comes to change from crib to bed, because comfort and size should be taken into account in the different developmental stages of our children.
Here is a selection of crib mattresses that meet the needs of our babies:
- Their capacity to receive and lodge the baby must have been studied in detail so as to act as a support that facilitates their development and growth, without sinking to prevent suffocation (anti-choking), or other problems, such as plagiocephaly, which a mattress can cause if the baby spends many hours lying in the same position.
- All our crib mattresses are hypoallergenic. Mattress hygiene and protection is essential through hypoallergenic, anti-mite and antibacterial treatments. Our products feature SANITIZED® treatment and OEKO-TEX® Standard 100 Class I Certification, which certifies that the crib mattress has been manufactured with materials free of toxic agents or harmful to health. All fabric in direct contact with the skin of our baby or child must meet these criteria.
- The firmness and materials that we offer have been designed also taking into account their breathability and therefore a level of rest that ensures an adequate temperature.
- Choose the most suitable mattress size. Cribs usually have standard sizes of 55x115, 70x140, 80x130, the most usual and appropriate being 60x120 cm. They must have enough space in the headboard and footboard areas, at least 15 or 20 cm, to ensure that there is no danger of entrapment in its structure. Remember, in any case, that we manufacture any mattress to measure.
- Remember to also choose a suitable pillow and protect the crib mattress with any of our breathable and waterproof covers, to maintain the hygiene of the baby's mattress.
Now that you have the peace of mind that will help you acquire a healthy and safe product, you only have to choose the comfort type of the first crib mattress for your baby: spring, viscoelastic memory foam, latex or a combination of these materials for your baby, so that he/she may enjoy sweets dreams and grow healthy and safely.